Saturday, 19 July 2014

Prayer to Gyarong Khandro Dechen Wangmo

Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö & Khandro Tsering Chödrön

I mentioned in a previous post Gyarong Khandro, the female master and tertön, who Sogyal Rinpoche remembers as an extraordinary dakini who never slept and had a gift for foretelling when people would die. Every 10th and 25th day of the lunar calendar, it is said, she would disappear and travel to the heaven of Guru Rinpoche. Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö composed a prayer to Gyarong Khandro at Khandro Tsering Chödrön's request, so here is the translation.

Incidentally, when I post translations I sometimes get asked “Who’s the translator?” So, yes, I’m the translator unless I say otherwise. So any omissions or errors are also mine for which I apologize in advance.


Prayer to Gyarong Khandro Dechen Wangmo
Homage to the Lama!
Wisdom dakini, Mandarava, and
Mother of space, dakini of great bliss, Yeshe Tsogyal and others,
With your blessings as the very embodiments of compassion, great dakini,
Dharma Tsendra (1) , at your feet I pray!
Grant your blessings to purify all my negative actions and obscurations!
All impairments and breakages of samaya, violations, faults and downfalls―purify them all!
Wisdom dakini, may your blessings fill my very being,
May experience and realization, and the dynamic energy of rigpa, have no choice but to flourish.
Clear away inner negative forces, avert all sorcery and witchcraft.
Dechen Wangmo (2) ―powerful lady of great bliss―hold me forever in your care
And finally in the city of Lotus Light,
Sangwa Yeshe (3) ―may I be inseparable from your enlightened mind!

At the request of Khandro Tsering Chödrön, Chökyi Lodro wrote these words of supplication.


1 I think this must be another name for Gyarong Khandro..
2 Gyarong Khandro’s name.
3 Another name for Vajravarahi (Skt. Guhyajñana) of whom she was considered to be an emanation.





No comments:

Post a Comment