Friday, 1 January 2010

Offering Lamps

A public holiday in Ho Chi Minh City, and festive treats mark the start of the new year in Vietnam. So, at the fifth day of the Sakyadhita Conference, all the delegates received even more expressions of kindness from our hosts.

In the Chinese Lunar calendar, it is also Amitahba Buddha's day (whereas in the Tibetan calendar, it was yesterday). Here are some photos of us all offering lamps together.

When I see the nuns of all traditions together offering prayer and devotion I find it so moving. There is a such a presence of purity and strength, and I feel it elevating me, stirring a recognition of my great fortune to have taking the monastic path.

video
Conference participants offer lamps for Buddha Amithaba and chant the Amithaba Mantra

No comments:

Post a Comment